Attention PCD Friends, Families and Supporters:
PCD is On the Move. As many of you know, October is PCD Awareness Month. Building on the theme of ‘motility’ or movement, the PCD Foundation (PCDF) is planning a nation-wide ‘Move 4 a Cure’ fundraising drive in October.
What is ‘Move 4 A Cure?’
Move 4 A Cure is the name of a PCDF program that will allow anyone affected by PCD—patients, families, friends, healthcare providers—to plan their own ‘Move-a-Thon’ and get pledges to support the PCD Foundation. Individuals will be able to register their ‘Move-a-Thon’ on the PCD Foundation website and direct their personal donors to the PCDF donation page.
How Does ‘Move 4 A Cure’ Work?
This program is designed to be flexible and simple enough for anyone to participate at any level.
· Step 1: Come up with your own idea to “move.” Be creative! Any activity that involves movement that you can collect pledges for will work! You can create a brand new event or incorporate ‘Move 4 A Cure’ pledges into an existing event. Some pledge ideas already in development are:
- Miles walked while wearing a bright orange PCD T-shirt (new event)
- Eventing jumps cleared by horse and rider at local horse show (existing event)
- Kilometers run during November Turkey Trot races (existing event)
- Sit ups completed in one gym session (new event)
- ‘Spin 4 the Cure’ spinning class for PCD (new event)
- ‘Knit 4 the Cure’ rows knitted (hand movement) knitting challenge (new event)
· Step 2: Register your event at the PCD Foundation website:
· Step 3: Promote your event
· Step 4: ‘Move 4 A Cure’ and collect your pledges!
In the past decade PCD has come out of the shadows and research efforts are on the move. You can be a big part of the future of PCD. Help us ‘Move 4 A Cure’ this October!